Shippers/Consignors Class 7 Radioactive
Purpose of the Course
This course gives students the knowledge to interpret and apply the International Air Transport Association Dangerous Goods Regulations (IATA DGR) to shipments of Class 7 Radioactive material.
Duration of Course
The course is designed to provide comprehensive training in the theory and practical aspects of transporting Radioactive material by air. It examines the IATA DGR and provides a systematic approach to preparing a Class 7 shipment for air transport.
Students will learn the following:
- Dangerous Goods terminology
- Australian Dangerous Goods legislation and its relationship with ICAO and IAEA
- General philosophy on carriage of dangerous goods
- Shipper’s and Operator’s responsibilities
- Risk to aircraft and occupants associated with Class 7
- Classification of dangerous goods
- Identification, including allocation of proper shipping names and United Nations numbers
- Packing, marking and labelling a Class 7 consignment
- Completion of documentation that needs to accompany each consignment
- Handling, stowage and segregation, separation distances
- Recognising hidden dangerous goods
- Acceptance procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Dealing with the media
Classroom assignments and exercises will give practical experience to put the knowledge gained to the test and will enable the successful achievement of the assessment.
This course is approved by Civil Aviation Safety Authority. A certificate is issued on successful completion of an end-of-course questionnaire and the qualification is valid for two years. Before the expiry of this time,you will be notified of course dates available for recertification to keep your qualification current.
Who Should Attend?
If you are a shipper of Radioactive material and involved with its movement by air, then this is the ideal course for you.
It is also suited for employees of freight forwarders, ground handling agents and operators involved in the acceptance, handling and loading of Class 7 for air freight.
No previous knowledge or experience with dangerous goods or air transport is required to be able to complete the course.
View our Cancellation Policy